Ask your own question, for FREE!
Mathematics 40 Online
OpenStudy (anonymous):

a pro baseball player has a 30% chance of getting a hit on any at-bat. he swings 12 times. whats the probability that he doesnt get a hit?

OpenStudy (anonymous):

If he has a 30% chance of getting a hit, then what is the probability that he does *not* get a hit? 70%. This problem is asking you the probability that that event takes place 12 times in a row. Repeated events like that require you to multiply the probability each time, so we get 0.70^12. Similarly, the odds of getting a hit all 12 times would be 0.30^12. Both are incredibly small numbers if you work them out, which reinforces the idea that the vast majority of the time you'll end up in the middle.

OpenStudy (anonymous):

thanks

Can't find your answer? Make a FREE account and ask your own questions, OR help others and earn volunteer hours!

Join our real-time social learning platform and learn together with your friends!
Latest Questions
urmommy123: @yanaisswaggy dnt cry i love you girly
1 hour ago 4 Replies 0 Medals
uknownprttyfacekayla: Happy birthday to @tonycoolkid21 and to my brother happy heavenly birthday zayden
10 hours ago 2 Replies 0 Medals
KarmaXD: help-
10 hours ago 4 Replies 0 Medals
misterx: i need some help ima kms
13 hours ago 27 Replies 1 Medal
Bubblezz: I need help with a song i need lyrics
13 hours ago 4 Replies 1 Medal
Bubblezz: I need help with lyrics for a song
13 hours ago 0 Replies 0 Medals
Can't find your answer? Make a FREE account and ask your own questions, OR help others and earn volunteer hours!

Join our real-time social learning platform and learn together with your friends!