Loading...

is 18% of your gra… - QuestionCove
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

is 18% of your grade alot or no

6 years ago
OpenStudy (watchmath):

no

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

what is it

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

mean

6 years ago
OpenStudy (watchmath):

If the perfect grade is 100. 18% of it is just 18 which is a very deep F.

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

so it would be 18 points is that it

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

so how much is 18% of your grade

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

how many points is that

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

if homework is 18% of your grade and u do homework evertime and get all of them right how much is that

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

canu someone help

6 years ago
OpenStudy (mattfeury):

think about it like a percentage. it is just math. 100% is a perfect score in the class. If you do great on homework and do it everyday and if it is correct (if it is graded for accuracy), then you will probably have 18 out of those 100 points towards your grade. if you don't do great on homework, say you have a 50% average on homework, then you will only have 9 points.

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

what is your grade equals to ?

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

so out of thes tfour which ones are good homework 18% quizes 25% midterms 32% final 25%

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

so is 25 percent 25 points

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

im confused

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

25% is 25 points of 100 that is equal to 25/100

6 years ago
OpenStudy (mattfeury):

yes all of those percentage can be considered points. also, all of your "points" on assignments / tests can be considered percentages.

6 years ago
OpenStudy (mattfeury):

if you get 10 out of 20 questions and they are all worth the same, then you got 10 / 20. 10 / 20 = 1 / 2 = .5 = 50% you would have a 50% on the assignment

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

so if we got 13/ 25 on a quiz what would that be

6 years ago
OpenStudy (mattfeury):

plug it in a calculator (you can just type it in google and it will calculate it) or you can do long division, but that's no fun :p

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

so if we do 13/ 2 and find out that percent and then if i got 25 32 and do that percent do i add thw two percentage and that is what i have as a grade so far

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

is that is

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

so if i do 20% on the first test and 60% on the second test do i add it up

6 years ago
OpenStudy (mattfeury):

take the average of the two tests and multiply by the percentage of your grade that tests are worth.

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

u mean as i said test are 32% of my grade

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

so i multiply it by that

6 years ago
OpenStudy (mattfeury):

yep

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

18% is a reasonable amount

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

so if i had 20% on one test and 40% on the other the the total would be 60% divide b 2 which is 30 and multiply it by 32%

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

not something you should just ignore

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

so if i had 20% on one test and 40% on the other the the total would be 60% divide b 2 which is 30 and multiply it by 32%

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

would that be it

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

is that how u do it

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

mostly likely, I dont really understand you , what "mattfuery" typed seems correct

6 years ago
OpenStudy (mattfeury):

that is right. 30 * 32% = 30 * .32

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

so it would be 960

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

0r 9.6

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

its pretty easy marks, to get 18% just for doing your homework, really doesnt get easier than that

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

I know tons of people in university that do absolutely nothing all semester and just hope to get 50%'s on the finals (because they are worth 60% of the overall mark ) so they can pass

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

you should always be looking to pick up easy marks

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

so 18 percet is alot

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

when it comes to your grade

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

kind of depends how much your final exams are worth , if they worth 60% then its not "HEAPS" , if the finals are worth 20% then it would be considered alot

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

I dont like to think of it that way though , it only takes a little application to pick up easy marks throughtout the year or semester

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

Taking me as an example, I have only lost 1% out of the 35% already allocated to my maths course , the other 65% is on the final exam.

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

35% of the course mark was based on fairly predictable , short exams (they had 3 or 4 questions and they were very similiar to the tutorial questions , no surprises at all )

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

a little application can get alot of easy marks

6 years ago
OpenStudy (mattfeury):

think about it this way: what is worth the MOST when it comes to your grade? that should give you some perspective on how much is "a lot."

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

homework is 18% of the grade and final is 25% of the grade

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

in that case it would be worth a fair bit

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

ahh I miss the days of final exams worth 30% , all engineering uni exams are worth atleast 65% of final mark :| I only wish I could get more easy marks before the finals

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

so i am likely to pass if i did all my homework and i think i did good on the final

6 years ago
OpenStudy (mattfeury):

you are like to get close to 43% of your grade because that is 18% + 25%. it depends on the other sections. if you aced those two sections but didn't do anything else, then you would have a 43% which is an F, failing.

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

its best not to worry bout marks , its a bit worry when people have to start calculating exactly what marks they need to pass

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

but i didd qizes and midterms

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

be consistent , collect the easy marks along the way , put yourself in the best position to ace finals. The more work you do during the semester/year, the less you will have to do cramming before the final exam

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

plus you get the easy marks

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

on midterms my scores were 30/100, 25/100, 27/100, 41/100

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

so is that good

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

will this bring my grade up

6 years ago
OpenStudy (mattfeury):

average them and multiply

6 years ago
OpenStudy (mattfeury):

but no those are not good marks :\. you didn't pass one of them.

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

i know but do i still get points

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

yeh you still get "points" , but with those marks you will have to very lucky to get 50%

6 years ago
OpenStudy (mattfeury):

average the midterms. and multiply by the percentage midterms are worth. that will tell you how many points you get.

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

can u tell me how much they are i tried but i didnt get it

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

:|

6 years ago
OpenStudy (mattfeury):

well what went wrong? this is why your grades are so low.

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

not the best sign, when a maths student cant calculate their own weighted mark

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

so lets do this togethter so i know how to do it the nect time

6 years ago
OpenStudy (mattfeury):

do you know how to average numbers? add them up and divide by the number of terms. do you know how to add fractions? give them a common denominator. in this case they already have one (100). do you know how to multiple fractions? multiply your answer by the percentage midterms are worth. 32% = 32 / 100.

6 years ago
OpenStudy (mattfeury):

multiply*

6 years ago
OpenStudy (mattfeury):

let me know where you're having trouble.

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

ok i added the four test and i got 123/4 which is 30.75

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

did i do it right so far

6 years ago
OpenStudy (mattfeury):

the sum of yr tests is 123 / 100. so it is (123 / 100) / 4

6 years ago
OpenStudy (mattfeury):

when you add fractions, they must have the same denominator (bottom number). you add the numerators (top numbers) and put the result over the "common denominator."

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

can u show me once and leave it here

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

i am going to bed because it is midnight and i am tired

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

please

6 years ago
OpenStudy (mattfeury):

\[\frac{30}{100} + \frac{25}{100} + \frac{27}{100} + \frac{41}{100} = \frac{30 + 25 + 27 + 41}{100} = \frac{123}{100}\]

6 years ago
OpenStudy (mattfeury):

divide by the number of terms: \[\frac{\frac{123}{100}}{4} = \frac{123}{100} * \frac{1}{4} = \frac{123}{400}\]

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

yes i got thatt

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

so then what

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

thats what u got, your current total , which is something like 27-28% , not good lols

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

ohh no, its 30.7% , just checked on the calculator

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

still , not very good considering you only have the final worth 25% left

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

your absolutely best possible mark would be like 65% probably, I havent done the actual calculation but yeh

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

can u do the calculations please

6 years ago
OpenStudy (anonymous):

why, its probably best that you dont know what mark you need lols

6 years ago
OpenStudy (toxicsugar22):

so what does that mean

6 years ago
Similar Questions: