4. In the following sentence, which word is the possessive pronoun being used as an adjective? He put his hand on the top of the table. top his he table 5. In the following sentence, what type of verb is the bolded word? The crowd became restless while waiting for the concert to begin. linking mental action visible action helping 6. What is the object of the preposition in the following sentence? Brandon returned the magazines to me last week. me Brandon week magazines
4. his 5. There is no bolded word 6. me
7. What is the object of the preposition in the following sentence? Wearing high-top boots, Terry waded through the river. Terry river boots waded 8. What is the prepositional phrase in the following sentence? The reporter said the hurricane stormed across the land. stormed across the hurricane across the land The reporter said 9. What is the object of the preposition in the following sentence? Wilmer bought himself a new pair of shoes. himself Wilmer shoes pair
Where are you getting all these questions?
LOL MY SISTER IS SICK AND NEEDS HELP SO I TYED THESE ALL FOR HER
Needs help with what?
This looks like a test.
7. river 8. across the land 9. shoes
LOL I KNOW IT LOOKS LIKE THAT BUT ITS NOT
10. Which noun is the object of the preposition in the following sentence? We want to leave in the morning. want We morning leave 11. Select the indefinite article that completes the following sentence. He picked up _____ apple. an a the 12. Replace the bolded noun with the appropriate pronoun. Although Marshall and Trevor wanted to see the latest comedy movie, the movie was sold out. it they he their 13. In the following sentence, which word is the adverb? The cake looked too good to eat. eat cake too looked 14. Where might a pronoun’s antecedent appear? before the noun in the sentence after the noun in the sentence all of the above in an entirely different sentence 15. Complete the following sentence. A _____ connects a word at (or near) the beginning of a sentence with a word at (or near) the end of a sentence. visible action verb mental action verb helping verb linking verb 16. In the following sentence, which word is the adjective? He wore a red shirt that flashed through the crowd. crowd red flashed shirt 17. Which of the following sentences contains a helping verb? Amanda swims faster than Daniel. We might go camping next weekend. Our math teacher assigns lots of homework. I thought the movie was great. 18. Which of the following sentences contains a mental action verb? We discussed the recycling program with the principal. Anita helped her father with the dishes. Steven was worried about his driving test. The gardeners trimmed the trees. 19. Which word is a preposition in the following sentence? Since 1901, our family has owned this farm. our has this Since 20. Which coordinating conjunction works best in the following sentence? When Jeff is back in town, we can either call _____ e-mail him. or for and but 21. Which of the following sentences contains a visible action verb? The parents wished only the best for their children. The waiter has already taken our order. We have considered each other’s ideas. The politicians have thought about the country’s problems. 22. Which of the following is a proper noun? Italy state cat lakeside 23. Which noun is the subject of the following sentence? Isabel loves to play frisbee. Isabel frisbee play loves 24. Which noun is the subject of the following sentence? The zebras live in a safe habitat at the zoo. zebras live habitat zoo 25. Which statement about possessive pronouns is false? Possessive pronouns sometimes take the place of a noun. Possessive pronouns act as adjectives when accompanied by a noun. Possessive pronouns may come before the nouns in sentences. Possessive pronouns are spelled with apostrophes.
That is a lot ._.
@ Kitt020912 it's the whole freaking test and I already did about 7 of them for her. She needs to do some herself.
I wasn't planning on helping.. Honestly because they're not that difficult if you just understand what nouns are.
can you help me with these questions please @mertsj